- What do I need to use Proxy?
- Install the "Proxy Pass" app on your iPhone or Android,
and sign up for an account using your work email address.
- What phones do you support?
- Proxy app works on all modern iPhone and Android phones.
You need at least an iPhone 5 running iOS 8+, or an Android
phone with Lollipop (5.0) or newer. Your phone must also support
Bluetooth Low Energy (Bluetooth 4.0).
- Does the app need to be open for it to work?
- No, Proxy works in the background, so you don't need to
launch the app to unlock the door.
- Does Proxy support my existing key card?
- No, however Proxy can be installed alongside existing card
readers, allowing you to use your existing card as a fallback.
- Won't Bluetooth drain my battery?
- Proxy app uses Bluetooth Low Energy technology, which is
different to the older Classic Bluetooth devices you may have
used before. Bluetooth Low Energy requires very little power
and will have minimal impact on your phone's battery life.
- What if my phone runs out of power anyway?
- If your phone is out of power, you will not be able to use
it to unlock the door.
- Do I have to enable Bluetooth?
- Yes, without a Bluetooth signal the sensor will not "see"
you and you will not be able to use your phone to unlock the
- Do I need to pair my phone?
- No, Bluetooth Low Energy works differently to Classic
Bluetooth, and does not require you to pair your phone.